Monday, September 25, 2017

In the Dunes before Florence

Today I made it 18 miles or so to a spot north of the Siuslaw river near Florence.  I got an early start after a nice night sleeping on thick, soft moss in a mature forest a couple miles out of Yachats.  I was on forest trails, highway 101, and the beach today.  It was way more highway than I would be have liked but really wasn't that bad.  I'm glad to have the very narrow tunnel at heceta head behind me now.  I waited for a lull then sprinted through it the best I could with the pack on.  I had to sprint once yesterday too to get around a rock the incoming tide was starting to lap against.    In the tunnel I still had to turn sideways and hug the wall when a motorhome squeezed by.  Luckily he saw me and slowed down a bit.  There is supposed to be quite a bit of road walking in Florence tomorrow.  I plan on taking the bus until the next beach access.  Tonight I'm on a deserted beach behind a big clump of dune grass looking forward to some nice stars tonight and maybe even a great sunset.
Hobbit Trail out of Washburn SP.  I didn't see any.

Beach near Washburne SP from Heceta Head trail.

Heceta Head lighthouse.


This is going to be creepy.

Deserted Beach from Sea Lion Caves to dunes camp


Hard sand so stakes are staying in well.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment