Friday, September 22, 2017

Will he finish this time?

Impulse buy in Depoe Bay.  Take that Jeff Sessions!

And I even saw real ones too.

Beverly Beach camp.  Made it here at 3:20 after Diane dropped me off on Salishan Spit this morning around 10:30.  I found the car keys in my pocket several hours later.  I guess she had hers and made it home okay.  Hope I'm not in the dog house!  Now I have to carry the keys for the next 250 miles.  Oh well.  Pack weighs three more pounds because of extra warm clothes and bigger water bottles.  Still only 24 pounds though.  Weather is supposed to be great for a while and there's no smoke.  

5 comments:

  1. Who's this clean shaven guy? Looks like a great trip Ted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Ted. I think you'll finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get your pack weight down to 24 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 21 for the first part of the trip, before I had to stop because of the leg. After that I added bigger water bottles, which I needed, and a couple of thin base layers which I did not. Mainly the reason is I carried no stove or fuel and relied on grocery stores and restaurants are all my food.

      Delete
  4. Well that must have been pretty sweet. Good eats along the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete